Saturday, August 16, 2008

The malayalam news paper has done it again….

As disturbed and shocked as I was, by the latest revelations by Gujarat police regarding the Kerala connection in SIMI activities, I was even more depressed by the total black out of this crucial angle by the number one malayalam news paper (I read Kozhikode edition).

I guess this is the height of selective and irresponsible journalism. What good is being the number one in circulation, if you are not even in the list of ethical journalism? It is worth noting that in the Metro section that comes daily with the newspaper, I have seen numerous reports that have really made a positive impact on the society. The campaign against the processions in the city roads causing hardships to general public is one such instance. Hence, I suspect the selective editing of the stories is part of all Kerala strategy and management policies.

No comments:

My Visitors