Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kayamkulam Kochunni turns violent…

Daily we come across news reports regarding loot and robbery. Over the years, we have become accustomed to a certain pre-conceived images of a typical robber. Furthermore, these images have often even been romantic, and have been well explored in popular flicks from Kayamkulam Kochunni, to Meesa Madhavan. But, of late, our typical neighborhood robber has got more aggressive and violent.

It is really sad to notice that these days, most of the robberies involve fair amount of violence as well. Often, the victim is brutally attacked and killed by the modern day Kochunnis. Is this yet another reflection of the violent streak inherent in a human being, or is there some factor beyond that? I guess the best person to answer this would be a robber, though I would rather live with my curiosity than come across one of these heartless souls.

 

The situation is so bad that every day as I go out for job and other daily errands, I feel afraid and even guilty to leave behind my kith and kin unarmed. 

No comments:

My Visitors