Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Innocent Man

I just finished reading this book. It took me 2 years to finish the reading.I started reading the book around December 2006. I read about half of it, and one of my friends borrowed the book for himslef. It was almost a year later that I got it back. 

I had to start all over again.Finally last Saturday, I finished reading the book.

The Innocent Man by John Grisham is the author's first non-fictional work.The story is about a man wrongly convicted of rape and murder. The jury awards death sentence to Ron Williams for a crime he did not commit. The story is all about the shoddy police work and unjust judicial system. 

I was more worried by the fact that the real-life incident happened in USA, a nation that prides in its free, just and non-discrininate society.

No comments:

My Visitors