Friday, June 26, 2009

MJ...Rest in Peace

On a cold, rainy Friday morning, the television stunned me with the shocking news about Michael Jackson’s demise. The super star who touched the lives of millions around the world with his music and charisma left the stage for hopefully a better one.

While I was a student, my trips from my home at Ernakulam to the college at Malappuram often had a detour at the cultural capital of Kerala, Thrissur. I used to go to Ragam theatre at Thrissur with my friends and watch such hit films like Jurassic Park and World is Not Enough. Ragam had a great DTS sound system and as DTS was still fairly new in Kerala, we enjoyed the films even more. It is in the darkened cinema hall that I fell in love with MJ’s music. In those days Ragam used to play MJ’s tracks before the start of every show and this was enough of an attraction for me. Most memorable among them was the Earth Song which took me to another world just like millions across the globe who listened to it. What a divine experience it was....

Thank you MJ for the everlasting music. I can only wish that he finally finds peace and happiness in his new stage, wherever it is.

No comments:

My Visitors