Yoga - for health and peace....

I have been attending yoga classes for the last one month at Kozhikode itself. Those who know me personally know that I am fat, over weight. But, to my friend’s dismay, I have never been worried about the same. I have always been reasonably healthy and have been content with it. My friends always used to complain about the long distances that I would walk while we are out for shopping or sightseeing. I guess this is what helped me stay healthy.

 But, ever since I moved to Kozhikode, I have been confined to my Pulsar all the time. This meant I don’t walk as much as I used to, and I put on a lot of weight. While I was worried about the same, I have never been enthusiastic about going to a conventional gym. Finally, I chose to try out Yoga hoping that this might also complement my spiritual and intellectual side.

 After one month of Yoga classes, I find it highly beneficial for staying healthy. Just as Ayurveda concentrates on eliminating the root cause of a disease unlike the Allopathic medicines which focuses on the symptoms, yoga aims at helping a person to stay healthy. It also helps in building concentration and the meditation helps to make the mid peaceful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orphan’s Children.........

THE TIGER IS ON THE MOVE

The thirsty mallus...